An executive development program which supports established companies in evaluating their business model in order to develop strategies to accelerate their growth.
The Guayacán Venture Accelerator (GVA) is the only program in Puerto Rico designed to rapidly propel the growth of existing companies. The program combines an advanced education curriculum, delivered by top-level professionals and world-class academics, with access to one-on-one coaching from successful entrepreneurs and top-level executives. The program will conclude with a company showcase where the participating companies will present their growth plans to the business and investment community. Since 2010, the GVA has impacted over 65 graduating companies representing 5,000+ jobs and over 200 executives.
- Up to 12 companies per cohort with access to workshops and a final presentation at the GVA Company Showcase
- One-on-one coaching from successful entrepreneurs and top level executives
- Access to exclusive networking events
Who Should Attend
- Business owners and entrepreneurs
- CEOs and partners
- Senior Management teams
The program is offered by experienced local and international entrepreneurs and investors who have successfully grown their own ventures, in addition to renowned international professors from some of the top business schools in the world. Program speakers include:
- Robert Dávila: Former Executive Director of Grupo Guayacán and Strategic and M&A Advisor
- John Mullins: Associate Professor of Management Practice in Entrepreneurship and Marketing at the London Business School.
- Cameron McKenzie: Principal at McKenzie & Associates
- Jeffrey Leavitt: Partner at DLA Piper and Kauffman Fellows Program graduate.
- Monro Lanier: Vice Chairman and a Managing Principal of MCP's Small Business Fund.
- Miguel Moreda: Principal at Porto Capital and Investment Professional at Pacific Capital Corp.
- Francisco Uriarte: President of Aireko Capital and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Grupo Guayacán.
- Hebé Lugo: President and CEO of Strategic Minds and 2015 GVA Alumna.
- Mariano Parlato: President at New Deal Consulting and Senior Project Manager at Truenorth Corp.
- Yolanda Lassalle: President and Founder of LaSalle Group LLC and 2014 GVA Alumna.
- Germán Uribe: President and Founder at Plaza Outsource Solutions
“Starting your business is the easy part. The GVA Program gives participants the tools to kick-start the hard part,
which is dealing with the unique but predictable challenges of managing fast growth.”
John Mullins, Associate Professor at the London Business School
Ideal candidates must:
- Be based in Puerto Rico*
- Be in operation for at least three years
- Have at least five team members
- Have identified at least one specific objective or initiative that can drastically accelerate company growth
The GVA supports companies as they embark on expansion plans, enter international markets or launch new products or services. The selection of companies is based on: scalability of their operations, capabilities and experience of their executive team, and degree of innovation.
*At least 50% of ownership should belong to someone that resides, works or attends school in Puerto Rico.
What past participants say
“The Guayacán Venture Accelerator taught us to focus on what we do best. The knowledge we gained prompted us to reevaluate our business model moving away from being a service based company and towards providing specific products. These and other changes have led to the recent expansion of our operations with an infusion of $8.9 million dollars in investments and the addition of 85 new positions in our company”.
Vice President, Rock Solid Technologies
GVA Alumnus, 2010
“GVA resembles an MBA tailored for entrepreneurs who lead companies.”
President of CEGsoft, Inc.
GVA Alumnus, 2010
“Before GVA I was running a small sales company, after the GVA I am running a complete business.”
President, Surgical Solutions
GVA Alumnus, 2012
“After graduating from the GVA, we increased our revenues by 24%, net income by 53%, and headcount by 18%. We also added two new business lines and have three new products in the development pipeline. I also became an active angel investor through Dream Code Capital which, to date, has already made two investments.”
President, Ultimate Solutions Corp
GVA Alumnus, 2013
“The GVA provided us with valuable tools to be better leaders for our business, able to quickly recognize and act upon attractive growth opportunities, and build and deploy more strategic business plans. In sum, the program has allowed us to take TransCita to the next level.”
GVA Alumnus, 2014
“Participating in the GVA had a profound effect on our business. The guided process pushed us to question every aspect of our business. As a result, today we feel very clear on the direction we must pursue to accelerate our growth significantly”
María Cristina Oruña
GVA Alumnus, 2016