The Guayacán Venture Accelerator (GVA) is an executive development program designed to support established companies to evaluate their business models and develop strategies for accelerating their growth.
The GVA is the only business accelerator in Puerto Rico designed to enhance the growth of established companies with demonstrated commitment and capacity to design and implement aggressive growth strategies. The program guides companies to critically evaluate their business model, incorporate strategies for rapid growth, and determine the type of resources needed to execute these new strategies.
Launched in 2010, with 68 alumni companies to date, the program offers a rigorous advanced executive education curriculum offered by top level academics and professionals. Participants also have exclusive access to mentoring opportunities which support them in the implementation of their growth plans within Puerto Rico and beyond. They also benefit from a series of coaching sessions, featuring a panel of distinguished entrepreneurs, service providers, and investors with expertise in a wide variety of industries and fields. These sessions prepare participants for the program conclusion or Demo Day, where graduating companies pitch their growth plans and capital needs to a panel of local and international investors.
- 10 companies per cohort will have access to 10 workshops over a 4-month period and the opportunity to present to local and international investors
- One on one mentoring from successful entrepreneurs and top level executives
- Access to exclusive networking events
- Opportunity to meet and interact with GVA Alumni
Who Should Attend
- Business owners/Entrepreneurs
- CEO & Partners who lead and manage growth in medium to large companies
- Key management personnel
The program is offered by experienced local and international entrepreneurs and investors who have successfully grown their own ventures, in addition to renowned international professors from some of the top business schools in the world. Program speakers include:
- John Mullins: Associate Professor of Management Practice in Entrepreneurship and Marketing at the London Business School.
- Monro Lanier: Vice Chairman and a Managing Principal of MCP's Small Business Fund.
- Francisco Uriarte: President of Aireko Capital and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Grupo Guayacán.
- Jeffrey Leavitt: Partner at DLA Piper and Kauffman Fellows Program graduate.
- Robert Dávila: Former Executive Director. Currently working as a consultant and advisor, where provides companies and business owners strategic and financial advisory services.
- Randy Thompson: Founder and CEO of VA Angels. He currently works internationally with companies in Puerto Rico and the UK.
Selection of participating companies will be based on the scalability of their operations, capabilities and experience of their executive team, degree of innovation and potential attractiveness of their business model in the investor market.
What past participants say
“The Guayacán Venture Accelerator taught us to focus on what we do best. The knowledge we gained prompted us to reevaluate our business model moving away from being a service based company and towards providing specific products. These and other changes have led to the recent expansion of our operations with an infusion of $8.9 million dollars in investments and the addition of 85 new positions in our company”.
Vice President, Rock Solid Technologies
GVA Alumni, 2010
“The value of the experience and content gained was invaluable – and has helped me and our business maneuver and endure through the toughest business and financial environment ever for us”.
CEO, Acrecent Financial Corporation
GVA Alumni, 2010
“Before GVA I was running a small sales company, after the GVA I am running a complete business.”
President, Surgical Solutions
GVA Alumni, 2012
“GVA was an enriching and a tremendous growth experience for the entire management team of Prime Air Corp. It allowed us to identify our strengths and develop new areas of growth opportunity that have allowed us to mature as a local company. The Demo Day prepared and gave us the strength and security to represent our company and services at any forum both locally and internationally”.
President, Prime Air Corp
GVA Alumni, 2013
“After graduating from the GVA, we increased our revenues by 24%, net income by 53%, and headcount by 18%. We also added two new business lines and have three new products in the development pipeline. I also became an active angel investor through Dream Code Capital which, to date, has already made two investments.”
President, Ultimate Solutions Corp
GVA Alumni, 2013
“The GVA provided us with valuable tools to be better leaders for our business, able to quickly recognize and act upon attractive growth opportunities, and build and deploy more strategic business plans. In sum, the program has allowed us to take TransCita to the next level.”
GVA Alumni, 2014