Early-stage risk capital
for local ventures
Provides local innovation-driven enterprises access to early stage risk
capital to accelerate their development, closing a critical gap in the local
entrepreneurial ecosystem enabling them to scale globally.
Who May Participate
The IDEA Seed Fund serves Puerto Rico-based companies that offer innovative products or services and that support a scalable business model.
The Fund does not invest in companies with no operations in Puerto Rico, SMEs or lifestyle businesses (restaurants, hotels, shops or other similar small businesses), traditional service companies (consulting, accounting, legal, marketing, etc.).
We’re looking for
- Two full-time dedicated founders
- Innovative product or service
- Scalable business model
- Working prototype or minimum viable product
- Show traction (clients, users, sales, qualified leads, etc.)
- Evidence of customer validation
- Operations in Puerto Rico
- Selected start-ups will be invited to a pitch session in front of the investment committee
- Start-ups approved by the committee go through a 30-45 day due diligence process
- The committee meets to review the due diligence and make a final investment decision
- In-kind services—such as legal, marketing, accounting, consulting and banking services—at discounted rates or at no cost
- Private coaching and mentoring sessions with investors, entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- Access to potential investors, clients and business partners.
SEED FUND IMPACT
Since our first cohort in 2015, IDEA Seed Fund has reached the following milestones:
If you’ve come this far, you can go further.
The IDEA Seed Fund is possible thanks to an unprecedented partnership between the federal government, private partners and individual investors in Puerto Rico.
The U.S. Economic Development Administration awarded Guayacán a seed fund support grant to form the IDEA Seed Fund.
Banco Popular Foundationsupported the fund’s launch through a capital commitment and a donation for its operations.
Georgia Tech’s Economic Development Lab provides ongoing technical advisory regarding early stage funding.
What are you waiting for?
The next IDEA Seed cohort starts soon! Apply before our next due date.
Contenido del acordeón
Contenido del acordeón
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
Meet our Portfolio Companies